Environmental Foundation (Guarantee) Limited
The Environmental Foundation (Guarantee) Limited (EFL) was established in 1981 as a non-profit public interest law group, with a mission to conserve and enhance the natural environment of Sri Lanka. Since its initiation, EFL has been actively involved in protecting and conserving the environment through mediation, litigation, scientific investigations, research and projects.
We are looking for a responsible and passionate individual to undertake the role of Personal Assistant to a senior staff member of the organisation to provide a variety of secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. We are seeking a go-getter who is enthusiastic to learn and grow in a close-knit, fast paced environment. If you’re expecting to begin a career in administration, and meet our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
Contract period: Yearly renewable
Commitment: 5 days per week or as required by work (full time)
Reporting requirement: Weekly time sheet to the Office Secretary
- Act as a point of contact between the manager and internal/external parties.
- Receive, screen, direct and record phone calls, manage and respond to e-mails.
- Make appointments and assist in scheduling and prioritizing meetings and other duties.
- Answer queries where appropriate; compose replies to invitations/correspondences.
- Co-ordinate travel and logistic arrangements.
- Organize and attend meetings; take minutes as necessary.
- Assist in compilation of reports and presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of agendas for meetings.
- Devise a filing and recording system.
- Draft letters/forms and other documents as and when necessary.
- Manage paperwork which includes photocopying/printing and filling documents/ invoices/ receipts.
- Education: Minimum of three passes at the Advanced Level Examination or successful completion of a subject relevant Diploma.
- One to two years’ experience in a relevant role is ideal, however, freshers are welcome to apply.
- Skill and knowledge of latest Microsoft software (esp. Word and Excel) is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Sinhala/Tamil.
- High level of organizational /time management skills.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality is vital.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Knowledge of social media, digital communication platforms and project management tools are advantageous.
If interested, please e-mail your CV including two non-related referees together with a cover letter indicating why you are suitable for the job role and the expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line, to reach us within two weeks of this advertisement.