Environmental Foundation (Guarantee) Limited
The Environmental Foundation (Guarantee) Limited (EFL) was established in 1981 as a non-profit public interest law group with a mission to conserve and enhance the natural environment of Sri Lanka. Since its initiation, EFL has been actively involved in protecting and conserving the environment through mediation, litigation, scientific investigations, research and projects.
EFL is looking for a young, dynamic, competent and committed environmental scientist familiar with GIS mapping for the role of a project officer. The project aims to create a quantifiable index to identify critical habitats based on biodiversity values, including those contributing to socio-economic well-being. The project outputs are expected to inform and enable science-based decision-making to integrate conservation into national-level development and policy, using objective criteria.
Title: Project Officer
Duty Station: Environmental Foundation (Guarantee) Limited,
No.3A, 1st Lane, Kirillapone, Colombo 05.
Duration: 1st September to 30th November 2022
Commitment: Full Time
Reporting lines: Head of Science / Project Manger
- The project officer will be responsible for collating and analyzing biodiversity and socio-economic data relating to the development of project outputs.
- The project officer will be assist in the effective coordination of project logistics, including coordinating meetings, preparing reports, liaising with external consultants, organising workshops, making field visits and any other tasks required by the project/funding agency.
- The project officer will assist in the facilitation of knowledge building and guidance to project stakeholders.
General Background of the work
Apart from the specific tasks, the successful candidate will be working on three different project implementation areas, proposal development and contributing to scientific investigations within the science division.
Contribution to project implementation
As and when required.
Contribution to proposal conceptualization
Moreover, EFL submits project proposals for funding requirements and the staff member is expected to actively contribute towards fundraising initiatives of the organisation.
Further, EFL engages in carrying out investigations on complaints received as well national scale environment degrading activities. The staff member is expected to contribute towards some of those investigations and manage the assigned field coordinator effectively.
- University Degree or equivalent in environmental science, conservation, wildlife management, GIS or any other related field.
- A good command of the English language along with Sinhala and/or Tamil languages.
- Self-motivated individual with strong analytical and research skills.
- Good team player who has the ability to maintain good relationships.
- Previous experience in GIS mapping is desirable.
If interested, please email your CV, including two non-related referees, together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of this advertisement with the following details in the email subject line.
LAST NAME FIRST NAME POSITION APPLYING FOR
EXAMPLE: SMITH JOHN PROJECT OFFICER